Ingram isn’t technically a city we cover here at Kerrville United, but this series of events has us puzzled. Let’s look at this timeline…
- April 7, 2015 – Ingram city manager Stan Neuse resigns due to health reasons
- June 16, 2015 – Ingram hires interim city manager John Washburn
- January 19, 2016 – City manager John Washburn resigns unexpectedly after only seven months of service
- January 2016 – City of Ingram settles a lawsuit regarding political targeting and civil rights violations. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
- January 2016 – City Marshal Rowan Zachry retires and one of his subordinates, Deputy Marshal Jimmy Furr, resigns
- January 2016 – An accountant is fired from city hall
- January 27, 2016 – Ingram Mayor James Salter resigns just a few months before the May election
Now, we’re not sure if any of these things are related or are just pure coincidence, but it smells like a story that the Kerrville Daily Times or West Kerr Current should be investigating.