The first day of early voting in Kerr County began with some scattered showers and mist, and ended after a cold front swept through the county, causing temperatures to drop into the 40s. Nevertheless, a brave contingent of county voters made it to the polls. The forecast for the rest of this weeks looks mixed. A high chance of rain on Wednesday and Thursday will finally give way to a little bit of sunshine on Friday and Saturday. However, when voting continues next week, some very mild weather should help to encourage turnout.
On the first day of voting, a total of 589 voters cast a ballot in the primary contests, and 87 voters mailed in a ballot. Tuesday’s turnout represents about 1.9% of the total registered voters in Kerr County — roughly 36,000 are registered for this election.
- Average Age: 63
- 46% female, 51% male, 3% not disclosed
- 42% live in the City of Kerrville
- Precinct 4 had the highest turnout with approximately 30% of day 1 voters, while Precinct 3 had the lowest turnout, with 17% of the total.
- Average Age: 67
- 54% female, 43% male, 3% not disclosed
- 54% live in the City of Kerrville
- Precinct 4 had the highest turnout with approximately 40% of day 1 voters, while Precinct 3 had the lowest turnout, with 15% of the total.
Yesterday was just the first of 10 days of early voting opportunities for Kerr County voters. Early voting continues at two locations: the Cailloux Theater in Kerrville and the Kerr County West Courthouse Annex in Ingram. Here are the remaining dates for early voting:
Tuesday, February 18 — 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 19 — 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Thursday, February 20 — 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Friday, February 21 — 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Saturday, February 22 — 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Sunday, February 22 — CLOSED. NO VOTING.
- Monday, February 24 — 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 25 — 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 26 — 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Thursday, February 27 — 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday, February 28 — 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
What’s on the ballot? Find out based on your precinct with these sample ballots.
- Precinct 1 Sample Ballot (Republican)
- Precinct 2 Sample Ballot (Republican)
- Precinct 3 Sample Ballot (Republican)
- Precinct 4 Sample Ballot (Republican)
- All Precincts (Democrat)
This data was downloaded from the Texas Secretary of State website that reports early voting totals.