The next regularly scheduled Kerrville City Council meeting will take place on Tuesday evening at 6 PM in council chambers at City Hall. During this meeting, council will consider two funding agreements to partially fund the renovations at the Arcadia Theater on Water Street in downtown Kerrville.
The first agreement to consider is a funding agreement between the EIC and Kerrville’s 4th on the River (the nonprofit that seeks to renovate and operate the theater). The Economic Improvement Corporation (EIC) approved this agreement unanimously during its latest meeting on June 17. The agreement provides $600,000 in funding for the project based on certain milestones and requirements set forth in the contract.
The second funding agreement is between the City of Kerrville and Kerrville’s 4th on the River, and would provide $400,000 in HOT funds (Hotel Occupancy Tax funds) for the renovation of the theater. The language of this agreement is still being finalized by City Attorney Mike Hayes, and is not available for public viewing at this time.
In addition to these two funding agreements, council will also address these items:
- An ordinance to prohibit truck traffic on Riverhill Boulevard
- An ordinance to amend the Alcoholic Beverage Code
- A resolution supporting Kerrville as a certified “Music Friendly Community”
- Waiver of fees for the 2019 Chalk Festival
- Extend the term of the Charter Review Commission
- A Planned Development District (PDD) for “The Landing” along Thompson Drive
- Contract for reconstruction of Hill Country Drive for $162k
- Appointment to Planning & Zoning Commission
This meeting is open to the public and can be viewed on the city’s live streaming site here: http://player.frontlayer.com/live/fl518492